Vardey Recruitment are delighted to be working with a specialist food distribution business on the Wiltshire/Dorset/Somerset border who are recruiting for an Operations Supervisor join the leadership team. The job reports directly into the Managing Director and has staff management responsibilities for the Warehouse and Logistics teams. The job has been newly created due to business growth and is an exciting opportunity for someone to make it their own.
- As the Operations Supervisor you will manage the Warehouse and Transport. Your job purpose is fully take ownership of the running of both the day and night operations of the warehouse and transportation of goods to customers.
- A key part of the logistics/transport job is to make changes and seek improvements and deliver changes where possible.
- The Warehouse and Logistics Manager will keep an eye on department KPI’s reporting information weekly.
- Full supervision of the warehouse – working closely with the warehouse supervisor to ensure it's smooth running, introducing controls and procedures where needed and deal with problems and issues when they arise!
- You will ensure all equipment is working.
- The Transport/Logistics Warehouse Manager will monitor mileage of vehicles, alter routes to maximise efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Working closely with the MD taking ownership of some of the Operations within the business take control of project work.
- Overseeing the Health and Safety and Stock Control.
- Produce a route plan together with organising staff rotas
- A Warehouse /Logistics Manager/Supervisor/Transport Manager/ Logistics Supervisor seeking a more Operational role ideally within the food distribution sector).
- Logistics Management experience.
- A very flexible and hard working Warehouse and Transport Manager who is ambitious as well as able to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in!
- Strong commercial skills, an excellent organiser and people person.
- A Warehouse/Logistics Manager who is able to be flexible and support other parts of the business.
- Strong management skills with the ability to build rapport and motivate your team.
- Good IT skills.
- An individual who is able to put ideas forward and implement change when possible!
- An individual with strong commercial acumen, an excellent organiser and people person who is flexible and "hands on" and happy to support other parts of the business, as and when required.
- Someone who can manage and mentor others who also has the ability to build relationships and supervisor staff.
- Good IT skills to include Word, Excel Outlook and ideally knowledge of an ERP/MRP system.
- An individual who is able to put ideas to the table and work independently as well as within a close knit family run business.
- If you have worked in food/supply chain environment this would be a clear advantage (although not essential).
- A competitive starting salary with regular reviews.
- Opportunity to work for a growing yet established family run business with the opportunity to make the job your own, as well as progression within the company.
- Some flexible working in the long term if job requires.
- Be part of a passionate, informal and transparent culture.