Vardey Recruitment is working exclusively with a vibrant, rapidly expanding yet established retail company based in Poole, Dorset. We are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join the team, supporting the Management Accountant and the Financial Director. You will work in a fast paced yet fun and lively environment and have the opportunity to continue your learning as well as contribute to the success of the finance team.
- The Accounts Assistant will work in a varied and busy role and is a crucial part of the accounts department.
- Duties include full responsibility for the sales ledger to include review of aged debtor balance and credit control duties.
- You will take control of the purchase ledger and ensure supplier statements are reconciled, as well as preparing the weekly payment run for management review.
- A busy day in the finance team will be to deal with accounts queries and performance daily bank reconciliations.
- You will support the month end process with the posting of journals and assisting with the preparation of the annual audit process.
- A key part of the role is to reconcile the bank accounts on a daily basis in (multi-currencies) as well as processing receipts and assisting with the preparation of VAT returns.
- Ad hoc duties processing staff expenses, petty cash and payroll duties.
- You will work together to close the month end and support the Finance Team in ad hoc project work to ensure the smooth running of the department.
The role will suit:
- An Accounts Assistant/Finance Assistant with a good understanding of the workings of an accounts department ideally with exposure to multi-currencies - Not essential.
- You will be able to pay great attention to detail and have experience in reconciliation work and be keen to trouble shoot and solve problems.
- This role may interest Finance Graduate (ideally with some experience) or a more experienced Accounts Assistant looking for Study Support and long-term career progression.
- You will be highly organised, be able to work to tight deadlines and ideally have previously worked within a small company environment.
- The company will offer a competitive base salary, a working environment second to none, pension 8% company contribution, healthcare, 25 days holidays, staff events/trips overseas, gym membership and additional staff incentives.
- You will be given the opportunity to develop your skills working closely with an experienced and competent team.
Reference ID: VR - AA - 40