Practice Accountant/Client Services Manager - FULL OR PART-TIME HOURS OR A JOB SHARE!
Vardey Recruitment are working with an established, growing and caring accountancy firm in the NE of Bristol, South Gloucestershire (30 minutes from Bath), we are recruiting an experienced Practice Accountant to join the firm. They provide a wide range of accounting, tax, payroll and business services to a variety of industries, whether they are private individuals, sub-contractors, landlords, charities, families, partnerships and small businesses. They offer a hands-on advisory service to their clients and you will benefit from direct client contact and the chance to make a real contribution to the company’s affairs.
- The role is a busy and varied Practice Accountant job at the Client Services Management level, one where you will get involved in a variety of clients from individuals, sub-contractors, landlords and small business enterprises and charities.
- The firm covers a wide range of sectors from engineering, advertising, manufacturing, retail, hospitality, aerospace, recruitment and more!
- Your job role as the Practice Accountant will vary from supporting and monitoring clients bookkeeping and payrolls &
- Review of accounts preparation, Year-End accounts preparation for audit, reviewing and preparation of VAT returns, liaison with HMRC and general office query handling.
- You will also gain exposure to business support services helping companies start up, forecasting & budgeting and cashflow management, planning and long-term business support for exit/sales.
- The firm is a well-respected part of the local community and there is scope for this person to get involved in networking and some social media marketing if desired.
- The firm would like to consider an Accountant who is ambitious and would like to help the firm grow and bring new customers with the opportunity of partnership for the right individual.
- Ideally you will be a qualified Accountant or AAT/Part-Qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant or possibly qualified by experience with experience of working in an accountancy practice.
- You will have ideally 4 years’ experience within an accountancy practice with exposure to tax and HMRC.
- You will be able to display strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Strong analytical skills and be able to solve problems, whilst using your initiative.
- You will be able to hit the ground running, be well organised and able to work independently.
- Income protection and group life assurance
- Hybrid working - flexibility in working hours – some office and home working - possibly reduced hours in the week
- If required mentorship and coaching by a highly skilled ACA qualified accountant
- Career progression opportunity for partnership
- Study support options – if you are seeking to study ACA/ACCA this employer is approved for an apprenticeship training programme – offering full study support
- Full or Part-Time hours available OR a Job share