Vardey Recruitment is partnering exclusively with a professional, forward thinking and friendly accountancy practice based in Somerton, Somerset. We are recruiting for a Payroll Specialist to join the small and very friendly, team. This job will support the Accounts Manager with the running of numerous payrolls for a variety of clients. The company provide a wide range of accountancy and professional services to a diverse client base.
The Job Role
Reporting to the Account Manager, your job will be to assist in processing weekly and monthly payrolls for their clients. You will work with sole traders, partnerships, companies, and groups of companies, a good variety!
- Assist with the processing of weekly and monthly payrolls.
- Calculating sick pay, overtime, and holiday pay.
- Process starter and leaver information, tax code changes and pension admin.
- Preparing and processing CIS returns.
- Providing payslips and P60s.
- Assisting clients and their employees with queries.
- General bookkeeping assisting the Account Manager.
- Excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Be a good communicator and have great IT skills.
- Be a team player.
- Be a pro-active person who is able to work on your own initiative.
- AAT a clear advantage or keen to study payroll qualifications CIPP or maybe AAT.
- Experience of running payrolls or a payroll administrator looking for more responsibility.
- Core office hours 9-4pm – some level of flexibility on hours.
- Overtime is paid.
- Study Support.
- Bonus - details to be discussed.
- This role is advertised as Full-Time although a Job Share or Part-Time hours could be considered.
Reference ID: VR - Payroll