Vardey Recruitment is partnering with a well-established business in the Portland/Dorchester region in West Dorset. The company are a small yet expanding and forward-thinking business who are hiring their first HR Business Partner to be part of the Senior Management team and work closely with the Board of Directors. The role is advertised as a Full-Time role but may interest someone seeking a 4 day week.Job role
The HR Business Partner job is a key position in the business, part of the senior management team you will help to build organisation and people capability and design and implement effective people strategies and activities within the business. The HR Business Partner will also be a great support to providing expertise and operational support in all people areas for example recruitment, contracts of employment, employee relations and policy issues. The HRBP will supervise the HR advisor.Key duties include:Delivery
- Identify and implement policies and processes to improve business efficiency.
- Develop relationships with senior management to discuss and manage people challenges.
- Develop plans for recruitment, training, restructuring and succession; helping relevant staff implement them.
- Discuss with senior management business strategies, people plans to help the business.
- Coaching of line managers on ways to motivate their employees and lead more effectively.
- Provide regular reports, including analytic human resource metrics in comparison to key performance indicators, to the Board
Governance and Reporting
- Establish good working relationships with a range of managers on best practice in relation to people issues.
- Provide advice and support on all general people matters and ER cases.
- Drive the development of people plans and policies to support the business strategy.
- Problem solving for evaluating business metrics and determining ways to improve results.
- Compile HR metric reports for the Board and management team.
- Monitor and report deadlines.
- Monitor and report employment of contract end dates including probationary periods.
Health, Safety and Environmental
- Support the Board and wider team to achieve HR targets and initiatives.
- Champion continuous improvement within the team, encouraging improvement ideas and participation.
- Apply company rules, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion is embedded in all business activities and strategies.
- Manage the HR Administrator.
Who should apply?
- Actively drive health, safety and environmental awareness within the team.
- Challenge unsafe practices inside and outside of your own area of control.
- The role will suit a Senior HR Professional either at BP level or an HR Advisor/Manager seeking a step into their first HRBP role.
- CIPD qualification level 5 or above.
- Comprehensive understanding of employment laws.
- Experience of managing change, restructures, redeployment and redundancy.
- Experience of recruitment and interviewing support.
- Ability to influence decision making.
- Strong independent ‘Get it Done’” attitude.
- Be organised and efficient to balance workload as required.
- Excellent team working attitude.
- The opportunity to make this role your own - create a role from scratch.
- Part of the senior management team – able to influence change and support decision making.
- Steer and implement new polices, ideas to the table.
- A competitive starting salary on offer.
- 25 days holiday.
- Some flexibility on working hours 4 or 5 days per week.
- Early Friday finish.