Vardey Recruitment are delighted to be partnering with a well-established, Charity near Waterlooville in Hampshire, who are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join the lovely friendly and supportive team! The organisation employs over 200 people, across 3 areas and provides care and support to those in the community.The Job
We are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join the team working closely with the Finance Manager. Your job role is busy and varied and involves a variety of accountancy tasks!
The ideal candidate
- To ensure all income is processed correctly onto the finance system as well as supporting with the month end close.
- You will perform bank reconciliations & process journals.
- Raising of purchase orders, preparing invoices for payment, raising sales invoices and processing expenses.
- A key element will be to performance balance sheet reconciliations together with supporting month end reconciliations.
- The Accounts Assistant job will be to assist with the processing of the monthly payroll and general payroll/pension administration.
- You will gain exposure and experience in helping the management accountant and support with some budgeting and forecasting to help expand your accountancy skills.
- Implement ideas and processes to improve efficiencies.
- In time, if you are keen to continue your learning you would work with the Finance Manager and perform regular analysis to support decision making and work with non-finance staff to explain the numbers to help drive the organisation forward.
- Supporting the Finance Manager with year end statutory accounts preparation.
- General accounting administration and query handling.
- Good all round accountancy skills include sales/purchase ledger, bank & balance sheet reconciliations.
- AAT studier, Part-Qualified ACCA/CIMA or qualified by experience.
- Good Excel, Word.
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise your work.
- Able to work as a team.
- Supportive and helpful.
- A good sense of humour.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 25 days holidays.
- Study/training support.
- Flexible working - hybrid options.
- Working within a caring and supportive team and organisation!