FULL OR PART-TIME HOURS
Vardey Recruitment is recruiting for an established, growing and professional accountancy practice near Christchurch in Dorset on the Hampshire/New Forest border. They provide a wide range of accounting, tax, payroll and business services to a variety of industries, whether they are private individuals, sub-contractors, property companies, partnerships and small businesses. They offer a hands-on advisory service to their clients and you will benefit from direct client contact and the chance to make a real contribution to the company’s affairs. The role:
The ideal candidate:
- Review and or preparation of accounts for a wide range of clients eg sole traders, partnerships and limited companies to principle sign off.
- Preparation of rental accounts, flat management accounts and management accounts.
- Review work completed by trainee.
- Communication with HMRC.
- Preparation of tax computations.
- Preparation of self-assessments, partnership and company tax returns.
- Reviewing the bookkeeping and VAT returns to ensure timely, accurate efficient delivery.
- Overseeing the payroll services to ensure timely, accurate and efficient delivery.
- This will include client liaison, following up queries, tactfully suggesting improvements (either to the client or to the firm).
- Either a qualified accountant or qualified by experience most important is an accountant who has experience of working within a practice and can prepare a full set of accounts.
- You will have ideally 4 years’ experience within an accountancy practice with exposure to tax and HMRC.
- You will be able to display strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Strong analytical skills and be able to solve problems, whilst using your initiative.
- You will be able to hit the ground running, be well organised and able to work independently.
- Hybrid working - flexibility in working hours – some office and home working.
- Full-Time or Part-Time hours.
- Competitive market rate pay or salary.
- You can be employed or work on a self-employed basis.
- Pension option.