Vardey Recruitment is delighted to be working exclusively with a market leading, well-established business based on the Dorset/Hampshire borders in Ringwood. We are recruiting for a Part-Qualified Accountant/Management Accountant to report directly to the Financial Controller, working within a friendly and professional environment. The business is part of a larger group therefore has opportunities for movement within the organisation and opportunities to get involved in acquisitions and integration work. As this job is newly created you will have the opportunity to make it your own and develop the role over time. This job will interest an ambitious Accountant who will benefit from a clear career path as well as study support and on going training.
- Supporting the Financial Controller with the running of a small yet growing accounts department
- Providing financial support for 2 companies within the group
- Assist the FC in the preparation of month end accounts
- Support businesses in analysis of financial results
- Supporting the Financial Controller in integration and accounting for future acquisitions
- Journal and accruals and prepayments
- Perform and review reconciliations
- Preparing schedules for completion accounts
- Supporting the business in preparing and approval of key controls within the business
- Assisting the FC with Year-end, budgets, forecasts and cashflow
- Sales analysis and reporting
- General ledger accounting
The role will interest:
- This job will interest a Part-Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent) or someone qualified by experience or AAT Qualified who has a good eye for detail.
- Highly numerate individual with a background in financial and/or management accounting who enjoys working to deadlines.
- An Accountant able to interrogate financial systems.
- Ability to consider end-to-end impact of financial decisions.
- A Part-Qualified/ studier from practice who is looking to make a move into industry could also be interested.
- Strong Excel skills are a must ideally V look ups, Pivot tables.
- A competitive and attractive salary £30,000-£35,000 depending on experience
- Holidays 25 days plus bank holidays
- Study Support
- Wider retail discounts
- Friendly, professional and fun working environment
- They produce a sustainable product and are very environmentally aware