Vardey Recruitment are delighted to be working in an exclusive partnership with an owner managed business based on the Wiltshire, Dorset and Somerset borders, who are recruiting for a Financial Controller. The company are a highly successful and ‘family run” business who are offering a fantastic opportunity for a hands on Financial Controller to be part of leadership team and drive the business forward. The company are highly profitable and this person will be part of an exciting future.Job:
The Job of Financial Controller will be functional, tactical, and strategic to help the business manage its finances and cash, to increase profitability and reduce spend, while creating opportunities for growth. You will have full control of the finance function as the No.1 in Finance, building your own team in the future. The Financial Controller will be a key member of the leadership team and this hire is business critical for the future development of the business. There is also an opportunity to progress to Finance Director (Head of Finance), in the longer-term.
- The Finance Controller job will be typically ‘hands on’ at the start with two direct reports.
- Complete ownership and management of the finance function, supporting the owners with the financial information they need to make clear and confident business decisions.
- Duties will be both strategic and very "hands on" at times and will vary throughout the year.
- Creation of monthly, quarterly, financial reports to identify trends and produce financial forecasts to aid decision making.
- A key element of this role is cash flow management with forecasting/budgeting, as well as owning the payroll (and credit control processes).
- Month end close overseeing both sales/purchase ledgers.
- Banking and reconciliations.
- Submit year end accounts to auditors.
- Support the business owners with HR duties/administration and recruitment.
- An exciting and key part of this job is business partnering, working closely with the business owners and supporting them with analysis, and costings and as well as financial modelling to support business decisions.
- You will enable the business to focus on future growth with your financial input, with the possibility of seeing the company through growth, change and a possible MBO.
- A fully qualified accountant ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent.
- An Accountant/Finance Manager/Financial Controller who has experience of working in a small business ideally with “hands on experience” and happy to roll their sleeves up.
- A competent and ambitious Accountant who can display strong communication skills.
- A finance professional who can think outside the box and offer solutions, and ideas with a commercial outlook.
- An Accountant who will enjoying improving the month end processes and implement changes were necessary.
- Team management with leadership, coaching, mentoring experience.
- Strong Excel and a clear advantage would be experience of an ERP system.
- A strong business sense, a financial leader who is able to become a key part of the decision making management team.
- A Finance Manager/Financial Controller who is keen to grow a business and be able to work in partnership with the owners.
- £50,000-£65,000 depending on experience/qualifications.
- 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Future opportunity for equity and share ownership.
- Promotion to Financial Director as business expands.
- Be part of an extremely well established and ambitious management partnership who are looking for an accountant as well as a business partner to grow with the company in the next phase of the business growth strategy.
- Genuine influence and control – you will work with the owners to shape the strategy and direction.
- Be part of a passionate, informal, and transparent culture – you will be part of the business discussions around growth, products, operations and logistics and more!