Vardey Recruitment is delighted to be working in an exclusive partnership with a Christchurch, Dorset based group of companies seeking a Finance Assistant (Accounts Assistant) to join the welcoming and friendly team! The company are a well-established, and a leader in their field, and can offer an Accounts Assistant job security as well as some growth and development opportunities. An exciting time to join this highly professional and welcoming group, based in Christchurch, Dorset.The Job Role
The job as the Finance Assistant will interest someone seeking an Accounts Assistant job within a stable company. This Accounts job is a busy and important role, working within the financial accounting team. The Finance Assistant (Accounts Assistant) will be working closely with the Group Financial Accounts Manager and take responsibility for the reconciliation of all group bank accounts, credit card accounts, petty cash and general expenses.
Who should apply?
- Posting daily banking entries and ensure all banking discrepancies are investigated and resolved.
- Working closely with management, you will be responsible for the provision of cashflow information.
- Preparing journals for banking, credit cards, petty cash, financing, and general expenses.
- A key part of the job is to ensure payments and expenses are posted correctly with reference to VAT.
- Improving processes and to make efficiencies.
- Update bank mandates.
- As the team are small and work collaboratively you will support others within the team.
- Assisting with purchase ledger and general accountancy duties, month end.
- Experience in preparing bank reconciliations
- General bookkeeping experience
- Some experience in VAT desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- You will have strong Excel skills as well as a good eye for detail
- £23,000-£27,500 depending on experience
- Flexible working
- Company discounts on products and services
- Study support and training
- Holiday discounts
- Hybrid working optional to be office and home based
- Very welcoming and friendly team/business
- Gym and fitness facilities
- 22 days holidays – increases with length of service