Vardey Recruitment is partnering exclusively with Rowans Hospice Charity to recruit for a Marketing Executive to work in the income generation team (fundraising team) reporting to the Marketing Manager. We are looking for a marketing professional keen to bring digital marketing ideas to the forefront as well as run marketing campaigns, write content and manage the charities social media marketing. About Rowans
Rowans Hospice is a local Charity providing palliative and end of life care to the highest quality for those living with a life-limiting illness in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire. The highly trained team of Hospice staff work hard to improve quality of life by easing physical symptoms, as well as offering psychological, spiritual and social support to patients, and their family and friends. Services are provided free of charge and care is available around the clock, either within the In-patient Unit, in a patient’s own home or at the Living Well Centre for day visitors.Find out more! Job role
Reporting to the Marketing Manager the Marketing Executives (Income Generation Officer) jobs purpose is to develop the marketing proposition and its related practices and processes across the Charity so that income generation opportunities and targets are developed and met. The Marketing Executive's job (Income Generation) is a key position in the Charity and will offer an individual a very rewarding career, driving brand awareness to ultimately raise more income and an increased profile for the Charity. Key duties include
Who should apply?
- Develop the charity's internal and external marketing and act as custodian of the rowans hospice brand.
- Advance brand awareness internally and externally through social media, newsletters, print material as to develop the charity’s reach.
- Organise and attend marketing activities and fundraising events to raise income and improve brand awareness.
- Plan, schedule and deliver advertising campaigns in line with the charity’s digital media protocols.
- To own campaigns and projects from planning through to completion.
- To prepare content for publication.
- Support the monthly reporting and analysis of marketing metrics.
- To source stories and photographs from supporters, fundraising events participants for marketing and communications use across all channels.
- To conduct market research and “safari” work to identify opportunities for promotion and growth.
- To work with marketing team to achieve charity’s lottery and raffle annual income targets.
- Proven experience as a marketing officer or similar marketing or marketing fundraising exposure.
- A marketing co-ordinator / marketing executive keen to work in a team-based environment where income generation is a recognised as a cohesive service to the charity.
- Good understanding of market research techniques, statistical and data analysis methods.
- Motivated and a self-starter.
- Knowledge of social media marketing/digital marketing experience is a clear advantage.
- Good knowledge of MS office and a marketing software e.g. CRM.
- Experience of Adobe creative suite photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator, CRM, wordpress a clear advantage but not essential.
- An organised individual with multi-tasking skills.
- Superb communication skills.
- Creativity and commercial awareness.
- A team player
- In addition to an enjoyable and fun working environment with a charity that makes such a difference to so many people, they offer:
- A competitive salary
- Contributory pension
- 25 days holidays
- Free on-site parking (as available)
- Health & well-being initiatives, including an employee assistance programme and health plan.
- Cycle scheme
Any direct applications/CV's will be forwarded to Vardey Recruitment to be included in the processes.
Ref: Marketing Officer/ Income Generation Officer / Fundraising Marketing Support